From the desk of Caspar
An overheard conversation last week.
It struck a chord.
One guy was on the phone.
He said the words to whoever was on the other end of the 📞...
“I guess he got burnt out trying to sell a shitty product for more than its worth”
Took me back to when we were building the last business.
It was about the balance between:
1. persistence and belief to gain traction
2. the need to evolve the proposition to truly serve customer needs
AND managing your energy whilst you either persist or adapt.
Now. That applies to building your business, building your family or building your career.
Here are 9 shortcuts I found worked every time:
1. Surround yourself with people playing at a higher level than you.
2. Invest in your learning and personal development - its the best investment you’ll ever make.
3. Either learn to manage diet and exercise. Or get someone to guide you and hold you accountable.
4. Get enough sleep
5. Be humble. You’re on a well trodden path and ask for help.
6. Put family first. Remember why you are doing this and don’t forget the most important people in your life
7. Remember success is a team game. Find the things you are brilliant at and fill the gaps with brilliant people.
8. Celebrate the little victories. They lead to bigger victories.
9. Smile and enjoy the journey.
In the Spotlight
Last week, I was the Keynote Speaker for Kareo, a high growth technology company in America. It’s always lovely to hear feedback like this:
5 weeks ago we’d never met. It's crazy when you think about it. And empowering at the same time.
This is a story is about taking decisions.
It’s a brief story on how things can change in a heartbeat.
I was at London Bridge running a half day workshop for the Supper Club on how to create a business that can run without you.
Ollie was one of the 35 people in the room.
The Great Mexican Adventure Part 2
I don’t think I was long enough in any one place to feel jet lagged.
The route was Mexico to LA to London to Washington to San Diego to Mexico. All in the space of 5 days.
Be a better leader
What’s Your Brave? Today’s leadership tip of the week comes from the top of the mast on the latest expedition.
Thought for the day
If there is something you really want, you will either find a way or you will find an excuse.
August 22-28 - Sailing Monterey to San Francisco
August 29 - Keynote Speaker, San Francisco
September 4 - Keynote Speaker, London
September 10-11 - 2 Day Thrive Workshop, Surrey
September 18 - Speaking Event, London
September 20 - Book Event, London
September 22 -23 - Speaking Event, London
September 27 - All Day Thrive Workshop, Peak District
September 29 - Keynote Speaker, Southampton
October 6,7 - Keynote Speaker, Nottingham
October 18 - Thrive Workshop, London